LCC Road Bike Rides Change to 8AM
Join us this Saturday for our road bike group ride from Centennial Park. We are moving the start time to 8:00 AM for at least a few weeks until we change to 9:00 as daylight and weather dictate. Hope to see you this weekend.
We will be starting up LCC group rides again beginning Saturday morning, June 20th, at 8 AM. We will meet at Centennial Park parking lot at 1st and Taft as we have in the past.
The Colorado State Stay-at-Home order does allow for group rides. Here are some guidelines we will follow to stay safe and to abide by the state and USA Cycling guidelines.
1. We will ride in groups of no more than 10 riders.
2. Please take your temperature and check your symptoms prior to coming to the ride. If you have an elevated temperature or have had one in the past 14 days or any of the other COVID symptoms please opt out of the ride.
3. We will limit the use of a pace-line as this is thought to place riders in a position of breathing in the exhale of the rider(s) in front of them. There will be times when we need to be in a pace-line to stay clear of traffic. When this occurs we will increase the distance between riders.
4. When the group pulls up to stop signs or lights, or stop to regroup, we will be careful to maintain social distancing.
5. Please bring a mask with you. We will not require that you wear one while riding but if the need to get closer together does arise we will be prepared.
6. It would be a good idea to bring a small bottle of sanitizer or wipes to use periodically.
We are looking forward to riding with you all again. We also understand that some will not want to ride at this time. We definitely respect that and hope to see you when you feel comfortable.
We will most likely change the time to 7AM soon so stay tuned but for now we will ride at 8AM.
LCC will follow suit with USA Cycling and many of the other Federal and Local entities and stop gathering as a group in an effort to limit the exposure to Covid-19 in our community. Although those of us who ride are generally healthy and would be able to weather an infection without serious consequence, we do have a responsibility to those around us. We will not plan for any group rides going forward until further notice. Please join us in practicing appropriate social distancing. Be safe. We wish you and your families good health.
We will host a Saturday AM gravel ride this weekend.
We will still offer our typical road ride but if you would rather ride gravel then come join us for for a little fun on the back roads.
We will start at Centennial Park at 10:00 AM (if you cannot make up your mind whether to ride gravel or road, you can decide last minute).
See you there.
We will be changing our Saturday morning road ride time to 10:00AM for the remainder of the winter. We will continue to meet at Centennial Park to start the ride. Get on your cold weather gear and come join us!!
We will be changing our Saturday morning road ride time to 9:00AM for the winter starting this Saturday 10/12/19. We will continue to meet at Centennial Park to start the ride. Hope to see you there!!
The Monday morning beginner ride will now start at 9:00 AM through the end of October. The ride will then come to an end for the winter – unless the weather holds and Pam decides to extend it longer 🙂
The Monday morning beginner ride will now start at 8:30 AM.
Starting time for the Saturday morning road ride will change to 8:00 AM on 9/21/19. We will keep it at 8:00 for a few weeks then change to 9:00 depending on the weather. We will continue to meet at Centennial Park.
We hope that no one ever has an accident or medical emergency when riding, but we would like to be better prepared if we do have such an incident on a Loveland Cycling Club ride.
To help us respond in an emergency, Loveland Cycling Club will require that all riders on a Loveland Cycling Club ride – member or not – have on their person documentation of an emergency contact person and contact phone number. This can be in the form of a Road-ID type bracelet or simply written down on a card or paper in your jersey pocket or seat bag.
We thank you for following this requirement. We hope to never need the information, but want to be prepared if we do.